Sunday, December 23, 2012

Plan

The plan for this blog at this point is to focus on Catholic education and, specifically, what the ADLA is doing with regard to growth, leadership, and innovation. I will take different areas of focus and various initiatives and share about them on a regular basis. Those of you who have found your way to this blog are encouraged to comment - in my mind the main point of this exercise is to engage in an extended discussion with people who have a similar passion for Catholic schools.

I will also comment on stories and issues that arise regularly. While the focus of the blog will be on Catholic education, I will also comment on issues that are relevant in tangential ways or those that are of interest to me. I should also probably note here that the views I express in the future are always my own and should be interpreted as such.

Finally, the reason I am moving in this direction, and why I am very excited to be doing so, is because of the potential for more engagement across the country. I wrote a book published by NCEA in 2011 (interestingly enough entitled Changing the Ending, which you can find on the sidebar of the blog) that laid out many of the ideas I will be exploring further here. But because of the advent of social media (follow me on Twitter @kbaxter56) I realize that blogging is most likely a more effective means to communicate and engage with a variety of people across the country. I have been following blogs for close to a decade now but I was never really sure what I had to offer in that arena until now. This doesn't mean that I won't still try and write more books but simply that this medium can be equally, if not more, effective in wide communication with people who share my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment